But If you are pressed for time (I doubt it) You can skip my little anecdote and go straight to the light bulb moment.
Background:
Ok....So my mother is the director (basically a principle) of this child program in Compton. Ran by a company named the YWCA (Young Women Christan Association). So basically this company tht my mom work's for provides different types of services for women (men to i guess, obviously they don't discriminate lol), They provide things like: Child care, Sexual assault counseling, Financial advising things like that. So anywayz they were having this financial management class at the Compton YWCA center a couple of months ago, and me and my mo signed up. I figured even thought I have no money now, eventually when I do get some income I wanna know how t manage especially sense I want to own a business.
So one night this lady who taught the class was talking about budgeting. She was telling us about how it's important to save and that's it's ok to live uncomfortably for a while because in the end it will all pay off. She said sometimes have to "Live like no one else, so that you can live like no one else" So she told use this story about this guy who had just graduated from college. He got a very good job out of college. I believe she said he was making something around eighty thousand dollars a year. But the interesting thing about it was. He decided when he got his job that he wasn't going to get his own place. He was going to stay with his parents so he could save up to buy a house (he lived in Tennessee where the houses are really cheap). He slept in his parents garage for five years. He cut his salary in half and only lived on forty thousand a year. His friends goofed on him all the time because he was in his late twenties and was still living at home with his parents. But after five years of living on a tight budget. He payed for his house in cash. His house was his, not the banks.....his. He owned it and no one could take that from him. Ironically enough he bout his house in 2008, when all of his so called friends were losing their houses (obviously they weren't picking on him anymore lol). But basically the moral of the story is that sometimes you have to live like no else....so that one day you can live like no else. You get it?
Lightbulb Moment:
So today, for some strange reason, I couldn't stop thinking about that quote. "Live like no one else, so that one day you can live like no one else". It accured to me that this statement could be applied to much more than budgeting or money management. It can be applied to the way we live or lives in general. Sometimes we have to go through some of the crap we have to go trough so that one day we can live like no else does. I always used to think of life as a test. I always felt like the Big Guy upstairs was just throwing all these obstacles at me just to see how strong I am, to see what I can handle, to see what I'm made of. But now that I've grown and see things a bit clearer I arrived to the conclusion that my whole life up until this point was not a test. It was a lecture. I was being taught different lessons by each tragedy I experienced. Kind of like some sort of real-life PowerPoint presntation. Each experience was a slide. And each slide had bulletpoints, little tidbits of information that I was suppose to analyze, memorize, and apply to my life. In turn every slide slowly influences my personality and transforms me into the man I am today and the man I'll be tomorrow.
Maybe I was given a Mean-Spirited father to show me the importance of loving my children and treating them with care when I become a dad someday,
Maybe I was born into a poo family so that one day when I do make lots of money I will to appreciate it and give back to those less fortunate to myself
Maybe my brother got sent to prison to show me the importance of staying out of trouble, and doing what's right
Maybe mt father being so sick is supposed to teach me to take better care of my body when I'm young
And Maybe things not working out with me and ***** is supposed to teach me that if I'm ever lucky enough to find someone that special again I should appreciate the more and tell them how I feel while there's still time
There are alot more maybes but for the sake of time I will spare you the rest. But my point is maybe you need take a step back a take a look and the obstacles in your life and see what it is you can learn from it. Try not to focus so much on the emotion you feel about a situation (i.e. the frustration you feel from a failed relationship, the resentment you feel towards an unkind parental figure, the sadness you feel for loved one who has passes, etc.) Instead, try focusing on the situation itself. If you have an ex that pisses you of, figure out what it is that makes you made and learn from it. If you ex is a cheater and is pisses you off, you've learned the importance of finding a guy who's faithful. And maybe next time that trait will be placed higher on you priority list. All I'm saying is, sometimes we get to caught up in how we feel. Our emotions blind us. Sometimes we get so pissed we miss the big picture. They say" what doesn't kill makes you stronger". That's bullshit. It only makes you stronger if you learn from it. I know I'm rambling a bit off topic but I just want to stress this point. We need to realize that sometimes the shit we go trough now is preparing us for the future. Sometimes we need to be beat up bit before we hit paradise. If you've ever played a sport you know that hell week (or any form of condition) is a bitch. But nothing compares to the feeling you get when you're playing in a game and the crowd is cheering. So I just say to you. I understand that you may seem alone, and you may think you will never make it to the other side of the wall, but you will if you learn from your experiences. Right now your are living to things no one else has. You are living like no one else but if you learn from those experiences, grow from those experiences, and apply the lessons you learn in the midst of your turmoil, One day you will live a life that know one else you can live. You will have s great sense of joy that no one else in the world can match. I know sleeping in the garage sucks right now....but just keep thinking about that house ;)
Closing Thought:
The thing I disliked about highschool is that I felt like I was always beoing taught the same thing, But in college I'm learning something new everyday.
There is this old black guy in my english class. He asks a whole lot of questions and it's kind o annoying. But he's funny I like him. He seems like a very nice man.
Me and the european girl had a nice little chat before class started she seems really sweet (I love sweet girls). She says thank you alot which is cute. She say something about her not being french. But I still don't know where the accent is from. All I know is that her voice is soooooo SEXY. I think it's Romanian
Paul is so fucking cool. He is like Mr. Rationality. Everytime I give him a negative comment he returns with a positive rebutal I just can't argue with. The guy is a big help.
Isao Tomita (Google him now!!!!!!!)
I finally built up the courage to hit her up last night (I'm such a woos), It was low key akward. I think my chances with her on a romantic level are gone. I don't blame her, I made alot of bad moves.....But she's always been a good friend tp me so I am glad I got to talk to her.
LOST IS COMING ON IN 12 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you guys, if you need anything just hit me up N3v3ront1lt (aim)
P.s. Excuse the many spelling and grammar errors I have in this post, I'm rushing for LOST and I also gotta make dinner lol
One Love,
Mr. Someday



hey rufus. invite me to the blog haha i have been wanting to blog and if i do i will respond to urs and stuff. i took a speech class and we used this but now i dont know what to do with it.
ReplyDeleteluv u baby boo my roo
mowgli790@aol.com
-aaron becerra
ps ur time will come