Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Beginning of a New Era

Big Ups to this man right here.......................................................


Yesterday I experienced one of the proudest moments of my life. I got to witness an African-American Man become President of the United States of America. There is no way for me to describe how I fell. There are just so many thought in my life. I guess all I can say is that yesterday was the first time (I guess we could say the same for election night) I truly felt proud to be an African-American man. Sure we have invented the cotton gin or peanut butter. But all those things felt insignificant to me. I've always done these programs for black history month every year talking about Black inventors, activists, and authoritative figures. But I never truly felt connected to them. They were of my Mothers generation, and my Grandmother's generation. But Barack Obama is someone I feel connected to. He is a part of my life. I feel like I know him, even thought I've never met him. I am proud of who I am, and I am proud of where I've come from. I am looking for the years to come. Not only because of the changes of our country, but because of the changes in myself. Growing up I always knew I could do anything. And the Election of Barack is just more fuel for my fire. I know now that anything is truly possible. And that if I continue to push, continue to fight, continue to chase my dreams I will achieve every single goal I have set in place And so will you. To Barack Obama, Dr. King, and the countless others that toiled and sacrificed to help us get this far I thank you.

May God bless Our world and the righteous leaders than inhabit it


One love,

Mr Someday

No comments:

Post a Comment